Railroad Forums 

• Maine Northern Railway (ex-MMA lines operated by EMR/NBSR)

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1580853  by CPF66

They have been doing a big clean up system wide, so it wouldn't surprise me if they loaded them, and are just storing them someplace until Permatreat could unload them. Rather than having a bunch of log cars full of ties sitting at Mattawamkeag when the CP OCS goes to Saint John.
 #1581667  by CPF66

I believe Twin Rivers paper in Madawaska ships a decent volume (I think the majority goes CN), and yes Woodland Pulp and Paper is another large user of box cars on NBM. I want to say Tafisa has a plant on the Saint Stephen Sub, which loads particle board onto box cars, but I could be wrong. I know there are a bunch of various businesses in Saint John which use box cars (There are a few warehouses NBM serves). There is also a customer in PI which occasionally takes cars, but the one which is up there, has been there just about a year.
 #1583041  by fromway

The NMR is inline for $12,600,000.00 for improvements to the Presque Isle and Houlton lines and the Mainline from MIllinocket to Scopan if a bill currently in Senate markup is approved. The Irvings should get the big Thank You card ready to send to Angus and Susie.