• Will the Riders Come Back?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by eolesen

Most of us here never stopped working.

As for wishful thinking... go peruse some job posting sites.... I'd say >50% of the postings I've looked at specifically say "remote approved positions" or something similar. I'm seeing it for things like HR, Finance, Audits, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, IT.... Companies won't be hiring people off the street into a remote approved position just to force them into the office a few months later.

My guess is if you were a "cubicle dweller" e.g. someone who stayed at their desk most of the time and rarely had to get up to go handle a customer or be on a factory floor to deal with something, that wishful thinking might not be so far off from reality. If you're in a job that can be easily outsourced to someplace like India, there's no reason they shouldn't be willing to let you do it from a home office in the US...
  by CRail

I see what's happening in real life and you claim it isn't. This conversation has become unproductive.