• CHFP/FPCH — Cedar Hill, New Haven to Fresh Pond, Queens

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by wintower

At 7:10p. saw four engines with the train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. Third engine in the consist is a Connecticut Southern unit.
  by DogBert

Jeff Smith wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:55 pm When does this normally run in each direction? Thinking about trying to catch it in Mamaroneck.
Used to be CT->NY Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday nights (arriving at fresh pond around 1AM), NY->CT M, W, Friday (leaving btw 5-7pm). Sounds like it might only be one or two runs per week at the moment though?
  by DogBert

Spotted this train at 7pm last night at Queens blvd. They stopped just short of the BQE flyover, maybe due to a random tanker car left near the switch? Perhaps CSX set it out or refused to accept it on interchange. Whatever the case by 7:45 they were on the roll again.
  by wintower

At 8:05p. noticed the last 85 cars of the train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. Ironically, the train came south Tuesday night , 3/16/21, at 8:20p. with 3 engines, 1 in P&W paint and two in G&W paint.
  by wintower

Last night about 10:00p. the train, 5 engines and the first 50 cars of the train, crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. north towards Oak Point and came to a stop. A few minutes later, it pulled forward again and stopped. Shortly afterwards, slowly, it made a reverse move. It picked up speed and reversed back towards Fremont.
  by freightguy

Last night (6/14/2021)coming off Pelham CP 216 P&W had 111 empties heading back to cedar hill along with the CSOR SD40-2 spliced in the consist.