• F40PH-3C overhaul program

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Pensyfan19

Does anyone know why 1063 was sent out? Warranty issues? Virtual Railfan caught it on April 7th in a grab bag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Commuterrail1050

Not sure exactly what the repair is but it is a warranty repair. Someone please fill in the gap if you know what went wrong with it. I’m also sure that’s why nothing has came back since 1057 and 1074 did and 1057 had a stack fire in the engine compartment not long ago which put itself out.
  by caduceus

The paint is so new it looks fake :)
  by Commuterrail1050

I saw the video, but I’m saddened that he didn’t catch them at a crossing so we could hear what the horn sounded like
  by Commuterrail1050

Guarantee you that they are not going to be the same exact thing. For 1065 more than likely yes, for 1060, it had a decent horn. We shall see when they return.
  by Commuterrail1050

Lol that’s funny. At least my favorite part of testing was caught since I never catch them testing up here.
  by Commuterrail1050

FYI I saw a video on virtual railfans grab bag that 1053 and 1056 are stripped of everything except for their shells heading to holidaysburg pa for body work. Also I’m not sure why it’s taking so long for units to return. Could that be because of 1063’s warranty repair? 1060 and 1065 should be ready to return around this time. Also is there any specific site that you see csx traces. Because I noticed that some users here know where units are based on csx trace.
  by GP40MC1118

I saw that video on the Virtual Railfan cam at Horseshoe Curve. I couldn't make out if that was the 1053 or not, though there are posts that it is. That does make sense since it went to Erie the same time the 1056 did. As far as the CSX trace goes, a friend with access tries every now and then. Nothing showing out this morning.
  by Commuterrail1050

I saw the number and it was indeed 1053. I read small prints very well.
  by Commuterrail1050

Also does anyone know if 1063 is on its way back or not along with others like 1060 and 1065 that had tests done already. Been a while since anything came back after 1057.
  by JacobKoppel

I am going to guess that 1063 will be out for a while... up to a year. And nothing on 1060 or 1065
  by GP40MC1118

Nothing showing out of Erie as of 6PM tonight. Sigh....