• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

As per a friend, CSX 4452 and NS 5313 arrived at browns on OI-16 today. Does anyone know if these engines will stay there or leave on the next OI-16? I'd like to see 4421 go down the southern.
  by Bracdude181

Scratch that, MIGHT have come in on OI-16. Forgot to put "Might" in my previous post lol. Can anyone confirm this for me?
  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

SA31 should come down shortly, the switch is switched.

SA31 arriving at Red Bank 4:25pm

CSX 4452, at Red Bank right now, 4:30pm
  by Coast Line Railfan

"Clear of the Rusty rail 4:32 in the PM"

4452 shf +7 - 1 (probably) for Extech and 6 for Woodhaven
  by RailsEast

Confirmed, one box for Extech & 6 Woodhavens, approaching Maxwell Rd at 4:50 in the pm.
  by Bracdude181

Currently waiting for SA38 to show up at Woodhaven. SA31 reached Lakewood around 8:15 PM tonight and running pretty fast today.
  by Bracdude181

As of 9:38 PM, SA38 has finished drilling Woodhaven but appears to have tied down the train on the Woodhaven spur...
  by Bracdude181

SA38 has left Woodhaven and is eastbound at James Street as of 10:02 PM
  by Bracdude181

SA38. Northbound through farmingdale at 11:00 PM
  by RailsEast

A quick turnaround on this trip, eastbound across Sycamore Ave at 0112 hours.
Chris
  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote:As of 9:38 PM, SA38 has finished drilling Woodhaven but appears to have tied down the train on the Woodhaven spur...
The SA-31 crew was supposed to drill Woodhaven as far as I know, so they were waiting for the 38 crew . . .
Bracdude181 wrote:As per a friend, CSX 4452 and NS 5313 arrived at browns on OI-16 today. Does anyone know if these engines will stay there or leave on the next OI-16? I'd like to see 4421 go down the southern.
4452 is already in Browns lol
  by Bracdude181

@CoastLineRailfan I meant to type 4421 lol. Turns out it was actually two SD45s that brought OI-16 to browns that day.

When they finished drilling Woodhaven, they turned out all the lights on the locomotive so I thought they had tied it down there. It turns out the 31 crew and the 38 crew were having a quick meeting in the parking lot next to the Woodhaven spur. They were there for about 15-20 minutes before leaving. The SA38 crew got into the locomotive once they finished, and they left shortly afterwards.
  by CharlieL

On Nov 21 last, ANRP2 posted that a contractor would be checking for "Plate F" clearance along the southern. Since then there has been no more and I have been rattling my pea sized brain to see what might fit or cause that requirement.
Interestingly enough, Oyster Creek nuclear plant is being de-commissioned. The CMSL freight tracks which join the southern sec at Lakehurst are only a short ride over Barnegat Drive or Lacey Rd thru mostly sparsely populated areas. They're gonna need to move that stuff somehow, and there's a lot of very large pieces, and GSP or rte 9 for any distance would not be a good answer. Thoughts?