• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by ricky

nice video of the tie train nysw care about fixing their northern end but not southern end of their branch its a crying shame if i was running the nysw the whole line would be fix
  by ccutler

they should not rely on CSX, which might just decide that NYSW is a "boutique business" not servicing.
  by lvrr325

I am fairly certain the reason no other operator is brought in is NYS&W does own the physical track structure, however not the land under it.
  by ricky

hopefully 2019 will be the year these washouts will be fix in south of oxford and see trains again
  by lvrr325

quite the argument on Facebook today about this, apparently they don't want to fix it, they want to keep the customers captive to CSX interchange. Doesn't make much sense to me but wouldn't surprise me either.
  by gpp111

What is the name of the Facebook page?
  by ut-1

Here is a short video featuring UT-1's battle with Paris Hill's 1.8% grade yesterday in Clayville:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiO4wk5ybWA&t=2s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, a few pics from yesterday, the first showing No. 3040 on Schuyler St and the other two in Clayville.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by ut-1

The NYS&W operated in Utica on Feb 25th under conditions warranting a blizzard declaration by the National Weather Service.

Here's a video featuring the hardy crew of UT-1 switching Matt's Brewery and Di-Highway under very adverse wintry conditions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU7wNpcC_J8&t=2s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by ricky

looking for any word when these washouts would be fix this year or not