• Rumford Branch train symbols

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Guilford512

Latley I have been seeing Trains with the symbols of RIRJ, RIPO, and PORI. Well I remember the RUPO and PORU mostly, and RURJ was around for awhile. Whatever happend to those Symbols? It seems like the track from Riley Yard to Rumford is gonna be unused or something. Anyone know why the symbols have changed?

by wolfmom69

Was in the Rumford Yard,Saturday; it's being used!!! Loaded! Usually,the "through freight" can only make it as far as Rileys(Jay) from Rigby(and leaves from there). So either the Rumford switcher,or the Riley's switcher(BOTH were working Saturday) will run the Rumford cars between Riley's and Rumford.

Even with the "new" DJ-1,local based at Danville,PORI today had to switch Allied Container by the Auburn Turnpike exit. Tie this in with sets and drops at Danville(RURJ had 20 drops 6 lifts at Danville today),then PORI usually having to do about 1 hrs. work at DeCoster Feeds in N. Leeds,waiting for meets,and maybe Leeds Jct. work,you can see the problem ,even going just under 100 miles (Rigby-Rumford),in even a 12 hr. day(and ST doesn't like 12 hr. days!!!).

Bud

by Guilford512

Oh, I don't think it's a Transfer with one loco, becuase there are usually 2 or three that run between Riley and Rumford. I see the Rumford yard once in a while and I know that there are tons of cars, Just haven't seen the PORU or RUPO train symbols anymore.

Thanks for the info though.

by wolfmom69

Shouldve said "switcher crew"! Bud

by Guilford512

Either way, I need to get my camera fixed so that I can take pictures of the trains again, I cought the RURJ in Feburary, and spotted a Pan Am Boxcar while back when they where just painted, at Rumford.
You can find my pictures at http://photos.nerail.org
search Shawn Kelley

by wolfmom69

Better get the schedule down. Seems like they are back to leaving "PO" and "RI!" about mid morning. For a while,a couple of months ago,PORI was getting out of Rigby around 13:00 hrs.,or later. Bud

by Guilford512

I got a whole life time.. My Camera is well.. screwed.. So once I get my hands on one, I will be sitting near the Canton Curve near Rt 140.