• Portageville Bridge Replacement, Future Tier Traffic

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by blockline4180

It's too bad the post was removed(most likely by the original poster), but someone mentioned that two new trains would traverse the Bridge and the Tier with the symbols 208 and 209... It was either just a hoax or a "railfan rumour" OR it was true and the guy works for the railroad, but was told by his superior to remove it. It's too bad that loose lips sink ships.
  by blockline4180

scottychaos wrote:Why would the train symbol matter to anyone?

Scot
LOL, then why delete the entire post??
  by RMB357

I believe train 208 currently exists in their schedule but it runs through Georgia. There might be a couple new trains coming but unless they are changing trains around the symbols are probably bogus
  by thebigham

^Not going to happen.

People have mentioned on Facebook about delays with the handrails and that the bridge does not have track on it yet.
  by sd80mac

blockline4180 wrote:It's too bad the post was removed(most likely by the original poster), but someone mentioned that two new trains would traverse the Bridge and the Tier with the symbols 208 and 209... It was either just a hoax or a "railfan rumour" OR it was true and the guy works for the railroad, but was told by his superior to remove it. It's too bad that loose lips sink ships.
WHat post? What did it says? Obviously I missed it...
  by Matt Langworthy

The post was in the Southern Tier - West Of Binghamton subforum about a week ago. The poster alleged NS would be adding symbols 208 and 209 between Buffalo and Croxton after the bridge is completed. It disappeared less than 24 hours after being posted.
  by thebigham

John Kucko pics that shows track on the new approaches
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by blockline4180

Matt Langworthy wrote:The post was in the Southern Tier - West Of Binghamton subforum about a week ago. The poster alleged NS would be adding symbols 208 and 209 between Buffalo and Croxton after the bridge is completed. It disappeared less than 24 hours after being posted.
Yes, that was the one.. sorry i didn't clarify..
I was not seeing things though. My guess is if it was deleted then sadly it probably was bogus.
  by sd80mac

Dick H wrote:Second photo down above shows some resident track inspectors.
Did they have a Form D?.

They ate it for lunch, as usually... that saved them a trip to trash bin.
  by thebigham

I guess they handrails were delivered! lol

John Kucko pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by nydepot

Must be people were confused. They've been on for a while.

thebigham wrote:I guess they handrails were delivered! lol

John Kucko pic