• Looking for portable air pressure gauges

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by SteelWheels21

One of those little portable air pressure gauges? My employer (coughcoughlargestrailroadintheworldcoughcough) decided they can only afford to distribute them to jobs that use them on a daily basis. I'm on the extra board and evidently don't qualify. Any help would be appreciated.

by Guest

I don't know if this will help, but my gauge says "Strato Inc. 1-800-792-0500" on the back of it.

-r

by SteelWheels21

That was it! They have them for sale. Thank you very much!

by UPRR engineer

Good tool to have buddy. Alot of extra weight to pack around tho, unless you work locals/make alot of pickups, you will soon take it out :wink: Let us know when you take it out of your grip. I give ya six months buddy :wink:

by SteelWheels21

Haha, I'll carry my air gauge, you carry those heavy paychecks!

Probably won't carry it everywhere, but I know the jobs that need it.

by jg greenwood

When I was working the ground I much preferred packing a few extra pounds (air-gauge) vs: standing in the freezing rain waiting for the air to come up on a 150 car train for an air-test on a 10 car pick-up. Get the air-test on your pick-up first, tie back on your train, cool your heels on the engine instead of taking a beating in the elements!

by UPRR engineer

Sounds like your smarter than i was when i hired out there SteelWheels. Took me along time to learn not to pack it unless i knew for sure id be breaking it out. lol

by CSX Conductor

Hope you got a receipt for it, claim it on your taxes!! :wink: