Railroad Forums 

• Looking for portable air pressure gauges

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#139938  by SteelWheels21

One of those little portable air pressure gauges? My employer (coughcoughlargestrailroadintheworldcoughcough) decided they can only afford to distribute them to jobs that use them on a daily basis. I'm on the extra board and evidently don't qualify. Any help would be appreciated.

#140206  by Guest

I don't know if this will help, but my gauge says "Strato Inc. 1-800-792-0500" on the back of it.

-r

#140216  by SteelWheels21

That was it! They have them for sale. Thank you very much!

#140281  by UPRR engineer

Good tool to have buddy. Alot of extra weight to pack around tho, unless you work locals/make alot of pickups, you will soon take it out :wink: Let us know when you take it out of your grip. I give ya six months buddy :wink:

#140295  by SteelWheels21

Haha, I'll carry my air gauge, you carry those heavy paychecks!

Probably won't carry it everywhere, but I know the jobs that need it.

#140299  by jg greenwood

When I was working the ground I much preferred packing a few extra pounds (air-gauge) vs: standing in the freezing rain waiting for the air to come up on a 150 car train for an air-test on a 10 car pick-up. Get the air-test on your pick-up first, tie back on your train, cool your heels on the engine instead of taking a beating in the elements!

#140343  by UPRR engineer

Sounds like your smarter than i was when i hired out there SteelWheels. Took me along time to learn not to pack it unless i knew for sure id be breaking it out. lol

#156615  by CSX Conductor

Hope you got a receipt for it, claim it on your taxes!! :wink: