• B&O's Grand Central Station in Chicago - now

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Tadman

Recently I drove past the site of the coach yards just south of the Chicago Great Central Station owned by B&O - there was a sign saying the property was for sale by CSX real property. Is it possible this is the railroad, and they still own this property?

by AmtrakFan

The station was torn down in 69.

by Tadman

I'm well aware of that, but I mean the property beneath the station. On the north side of the station, there's a stoop like it was part of some stairs that went up into the building. I can't believe they still own that property if so, that's very valuable for condos.
  by F3A

Tadman wrote:Recently I drove past the site of the coach yards just south of the Chicago Great Central Station owned by B&O - there was a sign saying the property was for sale by CSX real property. Is it possible this is the railroad, and they still own this property?
I thought it was Chicago Grand Central Station..........

http://hometown.aol.com/chirailfan/routegcs.html