Railroad Forums 

• B&O's Grand Central Station in Chicago - now

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#136416  by Tadman

Recently I drove past the site of the coach yards just south of the Chicago Great Central Station owned by B&O - there was a sign saying the property was for sale by CSX real property. Is it possible this is the railroad, and they still own this property?

#136501  by AmtrakFan

The station was torn down in 69.

#136633  by Tadman

I'm well aware of that, but I mean the property beneath the station. On the north side of the station, there's a stoop like it was part of some stairs that went up into the building. I can't believe they still own that property if so, that's very valuable for condos.
 #137541  by F3A

Tadman wrote:Recently I drove past the site of the coach yards just south of the Chicago Great Central Station owned by B&O - there was a sign saying the property was for sale by CSX real property. Is it possible this is the railroad, and they still own this property?
I thought it was Chicago Grand Central Station..........

http://hometown.aol.com/chirailfan/routegcs.html