• Hartsdale, NY (Location identification)

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by NYC_Dave

This photo recently came up for sale on eBay. Can anyone identify the location for me?
nyc110.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Statkowski

Harlem Division definitely. Botanical Gardens?
  by UpperHarlemLine4ever

It's Hartsdale on the Harlem Division (now Harlem Line)
  by Noel Weaver

The photo does not look real to me, maybe somebody photo shopped a scene or maybe it is a photo of somebody's model. It is not Hartsdale and not BG either.
Noel Weaver
  by DanS

Its Hartsdale. The photo is from a fan trip on November 13, 1966. If you have Trackside on the NYC Road to the Future with William J. Brennan, the fan trip is nicely documented. A similar photo is on pg 122-123.
  by Noel Weaver

I looked the locaction over on "Google" and it really does not fully jibe at least from my vantage. I have questions regarding Hartsdale.
Noel Weaver
  by NYC_Dave

Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I would say it's definitely Hartsdale. I did find a picture of the Hartsdale station in my files (see below). And the Bing map view clinches it. Note the two angled sections on either side of the main part of the building and the walkway over the tracks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by TCurtin

There's a similar photo at the same location in an old issue of Trains, of the Nov. 1966 trip passing Hartsdale. The issue was something like February or April 1967