Railroad Forums 

• Hartsdale, NY (Location identification)

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1351207  by Noel Weaver

The photo does not look real to me, maybe somebody photo shopped a scene or maybe it is a photo of somebody's model. It is not Hartsdale and not BG either.
Noel Weaver
 #1351235  by DanS

Its Hartsdale. The photo is from a fan trip on November 13, 1966. If you have Trackside on the NYC Road to the Future with William J. Brennan, the fan trip is nicely documented. A similar photo is on pg 122-123.
 #1351259  by Noel Weaver

I looked the locaction over on "Google" and it really does not fully jibe at least from my vantage. I have questions regarding Hartsdale.
Noel Weaver
 #1351329  by NYC_Dave

Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I would say it's definitely Hartsdale. I did find a picture of the Hartsdale station in my files (see below). And the Bing map view clinches it. Note the two angled sections on either side of the main part of the building and the walkway over the tracks.
Attachments:
Hartsdale, NY from Bing
Hartsdale, NY from Bing
HartsdaleNY.jpg (458.15 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
Hartsdale, NY 2003
Hartsdale, NY 2003
HartsdaleNY_2003.jpg (339.83 KiB) Viewed 3111 times