• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

No dice for me, Test train passed me in the Southwest Corridor just outside of Forest Hills, couldn't make out what the train had from my point of view (ground floor)
  by The EGE

619 at South Station this evening, with three Amfleets and an unknown Viewliner:

My photograph, attribution required for reuse as usual.
  by ACeInTheHole

The EGE wrote:619 at South Station this evening, with three Amfleets and an unknown Viewliner:

My photograph, attribution required for reuse as usual.
American view. The easter egg also being discussed was I think 10005. I was in Penn Station but standing on the wrong platform.. The one car looked odd.
  by JR4815D2

That viewliner was a test train a few days ago with a P42 and a coach car.
  by ThirdRail7

The view is the 10004 American View and the Amfleet next to it is the 10005, the new catenary inspection car. Can someone close in on the 10005? I haven't seen it in months. I'm particularly interested in the roof. I'd do it myself, but I won't be in range when it comes back tomorrow.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

such fancy new toys!! Of course the one day that I am looking for it, shows up after I depart South Station...I'll get a good look at Ruggles tmmw...but at a good clip going by
  by Toaster718

ThirdRail7 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
Toaster718 wrote:There will be a few surprises on today's test train
Yep.

Anyone else feel the insanity in this? We all know what is occurring but yet can't really post it directly until the train is released..

This crap has to blow over soon.
I know right, it's pretty sad!
  by Toaster718

Here you go ThirdRail7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Toaster718

Toaster718 wrote:Here you go ThirdRail7
another view
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by ThirdRail7

Toaster718 wrote:
Toaster718 wrote:Here you go ThirdRail7
another view
gregorygrice wrote:All from me :-D
Well done, gentlemen. Unfortunately, I suspect Approach Medium will remain unimpressed. As for me, I guess I'm "underwhelmed." I guess we'll have to get aboard the 10005 and see what it is made of. :wink:
  by acelaphillies

Thanks for sharing the video and pictures! As a side note, if someone from here puts something on Facebook, please also share it with us on here because not everyone has a Facebook and can access the link.

I think what this car needs is a nice design on the front, instead of that big gray area. Maybe something like the 9800 would improve Approach Medium's opinion of the car.
  by gregorygrice

acelaphillies wrote:Thanks for sharing the video and pictures! As a side note, if someone from here puts something on Facebook, please also share it with us on here because not everyone has a Facebook and can access the link.

I think what this car needs is a nice design on the front, instead of that big gray area. Maybe something like the 9800 would improve Approach Medium's opinion of the car.
Another view from Stamford: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnLv7u5VTKA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;