• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

AEXTRA 618 did it's return test run Friday 9/5, following #2159. Passed it in Pawtucket aprox. 9:55am
  by AMTK1007

dowlingm wrote:Trainorders says 621 is en route.
621 should be on 30 Monday ex Chicago I believe.
  by Toaster718

Has anyone seen the 618 in svc? I was told it was supposed to run this past Saturday but didn't happen due to unforseen circumstances.
  by Alcochaser

AMTK1007 wrote:
dowlingm wrote:Trainorders says 621 is en route.
621 should be on 30 Monday ex Chicago I believe.
An Amtrak electric was third out behind the P42DC at Chesterton IN just now
  by ThirdRail7

Can someone (other than our two Metro-North residents Train2009 and GregoryPrice) take some video of 619's shakedown today and tomorrow, please?

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050, if you happen to get a moment, perhaps you can close in on this equipment at some point in BOS and grab some "up close and personal" shots of the consist?
  by ACeInTheHole

Toaster718 wrote:There will be a few surprises on today's test train
Yep.
  by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote:
Yep.

Anyone else feel the insanity in this? We all know what is occurring but yet can't really post it directly until the train is released..

This crap has to blow over soon.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ThirdRail7 wrote:Can someone (other than our two Metro-North residents Train2009 and GregoryPrice) take some video of 619's shakedown today and tomorrow, please?

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050, if you happen to get a moment, perhaps you can close in on this equipment at some point in BOS and grab some "up close and personal" shots of the consist?
Hopefully everything works like it does in weeks past, I'll take a look when I get to Boston, train should be there just after 4pm...I'll bring my camera ;)
  by ACeInTheHole

ThirdRail7 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
Yep.

Anyone else feel the insanity in this? We all know what is occurring but yet can't really post it directly until the train is released..

Yes, we do ThirdRail, but for as long as this charade goes on, us railfans who actually care about not getting you or Approach in trouble will keep quiet or play along with hints as necessary.
  by gregorygrice

ThirdRail7 wrote:Can someone (other than our two Metro-North residents Train2009 and GregoryPrice) take some video of 619's shakedown today and tomorrow, please?

I'll grad video and photos tomorrow during the return trip. It slipped by me today...
  by gregorygrice

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:

Hopefully everything works like it does in weeks past, I'll take a look when I get to Boston, train should be there just after 4pm...I'll bring my camera ;)
Just left the METs
  by JR4815D2

ThirdRail7 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
Yep.

ThirdRail7 would be on the head end and will do Meet and Greet in Boston. :-D .

Too bad a few bad apples had to ruined it for others. I wonder if there wasn't a forum, what would these young kids do to keep track of the test train?
  by acelaphillies

JR4815D2 wrote:
ThirdRail7 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
Yep.

ThirdRail7 would be on the head end and will do Meet and Greet in Boston. :-D .

Too bad a few bad apples had to ruined it for others. I wonder if there wasn't a forum, what would these young kids do to keep track of the test train?
Boy, these ThirdRail7 meet and greets are really starting to pick up steam! http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... t#p1249708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe Amtrak should consider doing one on this year's Autumn Express (that is if they are doing it)! Then they may even sell out an additional train for the weekend.