• Morristown & Erie 110th Anniversary Excursion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by TSTOM

C424 #18 emerged from the barn this a.m. sporting new black paint on it's frame, trucks and undercarridge. It then went up the hill to tend to the days chores.

Looks good.... :wink:
  by BigDell

I know it must be posted here somewhere - and I'm inferring it from the route map - but the train is returning on the RVL after it crosses back into NJ? Is that correct? I see it passing Bound Brook on the route map then heading East on the way to Newark. It's using RVL and then Aldene up to the LV?
  by BigDell

You have it backwards....explained here....
Ah! So it bypasses the Aldene cuttoff, skips the RVL and goes the old LV line all the way to PA... Perfect!
Thanks
  by therudycometh

TSTOM wrote:C424 #18 emerged from the barn this a.m. sporting new black paint on it's frame, trucks and undercarridge. It then went up the hill to tend to the days chores.

Looks good.... :wink:
Painted by yours truly!
  by nick11a

Looking forward to seeing the train and some of the guys on it who I know tomorrow. Be safe all.
  by NYS&W142Fan

Nice Consist, Just saw it go East through Hackettstown about 30 minutes ago.
  by nick11a

As I write this, the train is approaching Newark Broad Street and ultimately. I was able to catch it at Union, Still Valley, Washington, Rockport, and Short Hills. I couldn't ride it this time around, but look forward to riding any future excursions. It was great to be trackside meeting new people and seeing old ones.
  by NJT4272

If you blur your vision, you can almost pretend its a red LV Alco Century crossing the Delaware into NJ.

This was a fun chase between Bethlehem and P-burg. Lots of good pics and unique views!

http://dano4272.rrpicturearchives.net/a ... x?id=94507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by blockline4180

Nice photos guys.....
Nick, I saw you trackside with someone who had a Red Sox hat?????? :P

Kudos goes out to the M&E, NS and staff and the volunteers for creating a very enjoyable trip!! I didn't hear any complaints.

Steve
  by baldwr

I'll second that. Awesome day. Thanks to all involved!

Robert
  by red92s

Agreed hats off to the crew for such a smooth run. Definitely feel privileged to have done this one. The amount of people track side in PA and west Jersey was incredible.