Railroad Forums 

• Morristown & Erie 110th Anniversary Excursion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1208640  by TSTOM

C424 #18 emerged from the barn this a.m. sporting new black paint on it's frame, trucks and undercarridge. It then went up the hill to tend to the days chores.

Looks good.... :wink:
 #1208704  by BigDell

I know it must be posted here somewhere - and I'm inferring it from the route map - but the train is returning on the RVL after it crosses back into NJ? Is that correct? I see it passing Bound Brook on the route map then heading East on the way to Newark. It's using RVL and then Aldene up to the LV?
 #1208917  by therudycometh

TSTOM wrote:C424 #18 emerged from the barn this a.m. sporting new black paint on it's frame, trucks and undercarridge. It then went up the hill to tend to the days chores.

Looks good.... :wink:
Painted by yours truly!
 #1209162  by nick11a

Looking forward to seeing the train and some of the guys on it who I know tomorrow. Be safe all.
 #1209293  by nick11a

As I write this, the train is approaching Newark Broad Street and ultimately. I was able to catch it at Union, Still Valley, Washington, Rockport, and Short Hills. I couldn't ride it this time around, but look forward to riding any future excursions. It was great to be trackside meeting new people and seeing old ones.
 #1209296  by NJT4272

If you blur your vision, you can almost pretend its a red LV Alco Century crossing the Delaware into NJ.

This was a fun chase between Bethlehem and P-burg. Lots of good pics and unique views!

http://dano4272.rrpicturearchives.net/a ... x?id=94507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1209343  by blockline4180

Nice photos guys.....
Nick, I saw you trackside with someone who had a Red Sox hat?????? :P

Kudos goes out to the M&E, NS and staff and the volunteers for creating a very enjoyable trip!! I didn't hear any complaints.

Steve