• What happened to the LIRR FL9s?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by John 61

I was able to get some nice shots of these engines plus some video. Here's a couple from the railpictures.net that I took.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto. ... ?id=49105

by METSALLTHEWAY

can you post the video

by John 61

Sorry but the video is on VHS tape so I can't do it.

by METSALLTHEWAY

got any more pictures

by Long Island 7285

John 61,

I have a DVD Burner and can Bump the tape to DVD for you if you want. hey atleast you will have multipal copies, and if the VHS takes a dump you still have it on DVD. I also suggues to do the same to any one who is married and and has there wedding video on VHS. Once its to DVD its also much eaiser to make dubs.

by badneighbor

RMLI cant get their paws on one of these before their day or reckoning? too bad...

by RRChef

Why would RMLI even consider one of these junkers? They're not original to LIRR. There's no historical value as they have been completely rebuilt. They were a mechanical nightmare and barely ran the short time they were here. Plus the only cars that are compatable with them recently left the Island. No the best thing for these turds is scrapping. RMLI has little availalble space and it should be saved for more significant pieces.

by Richard Glueck

My opinion - the only FL9's that should be preserved should be in McGinnis red, white, and black, and labelled New Haven.
There is one in MN paint at the Westchester Children's Medical Center. Looks good, too.