• Salem stuff

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by rb

Found some 'cool' Guilford customers in Salem yesterday. 2 tankers at California Olive oil, another 3 spotted at the Univar Chemical distro facility (no idea what they receive). Also found the big paper recyler up there (forgot the name). They have a spur but I didn't see any cars.

Does freight cross the drawbridge on to Beverly, Ipswich, Gloucester?

I will post photos of this stuff on my website sooner or later.

Rob
  by GP40MC1118

Guilford stopped going east of Beverly Draw after the 1984 drawbridge fire. There are no customers beyond Salem, so the only none passenger trains you'll see are MBTA Work Trains.

Dave