• EX SD60Ms

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by JB283

Pan Am plans to purchase 20 of the ex BNSF SD60M's. Numbers will range from 620 to 639.
  by jaymac

Sure the series doesn't start off with 401?
  by roberttosh

I also heard they're gonna buy CSXT's Chicago line from Rotterdam Jct to Chicago. And then they'll go after BNSF's Transcon!
  by newpylong

Un fools related, CSX is replacing the dwarf signals with full masts and switches at CP-RJ in Rotterdam Junction.
  by Badandy

Good 'ole April Oneth...................
  by MEC407

JB283 wrote:Pan Am plans to purchase 20 of the ex BNSF SD60M's. Numbers will range from 620 to 639.
No way man, you've got it all wrong: they're buying SD80MACs from NS. NS wants to standardize the fleet and doesn't want those 20-cylinder oddballs mucking everything up.

They'll be painted at Altoona before they head north: http://www.trainweb.org/southpenn/image ... 205000.gif
  by JB283

Nice paint job! I actually got that off of Pan Am Railways on Facebook. I had completly forgot today was April fools! Guess i got fooled!
  by MEC407

That Facebook page isn't actually owned/operated by Pan Am, as far as I can tell. Reader beware. :wink: