• Presidents Day

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

What is CSX's schedule for Monday, 2/21? will locals be working?

by mu26aeh

well, I'd have to say that between the "holiday" and expected snowstorm, it will be hard-pressed to find anyone working that day to be happy they were.

while i am posting here, I will put the questions out about St. Patricks Day and Good Friday too. Will there be work then?

Come on, the railroad feeds America's needs and it is a 24 hour a day, 365 days a year. Even if trains don't run in one town, they are running elsewhere. I find it hard to believe if the railroad shuts down

by CSX Conductor

F40, the locals you are inquiring about will be working, although it is normally a paid holiday off. Framingham, Middleboro and Readville are still playing catch-up, so most locals will work.

As for Good Friday, that is a paid holiday and no locals will operate. St. Patty's Day is not a holiday for the company, so things will be on a normal schedule for that day. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ok thank you, do you think B735 will come my way monday?

by CSX Conductor

Not sure if they are working, but if they do, don't be surprised if they go home after doing the chocolate. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

oh ok, and the weather is going to be bad tomorrow any way
  by Matt Langworthy

My car was in the shop for minor repairs near the Water Level Route in Rochester, NY earlier today. CSX was definitely quieter than usual, although I did see one train. The old Lincoln yard was empty- a good sign that CSX probably didn't have much to interchange with the Rochester & Southern today.

Obviously, I wasn't there all day so appearances might be deceiving...