Railroad Forums 

• Presidents Day

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#99958  by mu26aeh

well, I'd have to say that between the "holiday" and expected snowstorm, it will be hard-pressed to find anyone working that day to be happy they were.

while i am posting here, I will put the questions out about St. Patricks Day and Good Friday too. Will there be work then?

Come on, the railroad feeds America's needs and it is a 24 hour a day, 365 days a year. Even if trains don't run in one town, they are running elsewhere. I find it hard to believe if the railroad shuts down

#100032  by CSX Conductor

F40, the locals you are inquiring about will be working, although it is normally a paid holiday off. Framingham, Middleboro and Readville are still playing catch-up, so most locals will work.

As for Good Friday, that is a paid holiday and no locals will operate. St. Patty's Day is not a holiday for the company, so things will be on a normal schedule for that day. :wink:

#100175  by CSX Conductor

Not sure if they are working, but if they do, don't be surprised if they go home after doing the chocolate. :wink:
 #100672  by Matt Langworthy

My car was in the shop for minor repairs near the Water Level Route in Rochester, NY earlier today. CSX was definitely quieter than usual, although I did see one train. The old Lincoln yard was empty- a good sign that CSX probably didn't have much to interchange with the Rochester & Southern today.

Obviously, I wasn't there all day so appearances might be deceiving...