• Portsmouth yard question

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by gp9fan

I am from Dearborn Michigan and will be in Portsmouth next week so I have been reading thru some of these posts just to see what I might be able to pick up. I have seen Portsmouth yard mentioned several times but any trying to figure where it might be. Is it those tracks by the party store which I think is off of Bridge Street? Thanks Karl
  by Dick H

That's it. I was in Portsmouth three weekends ago and there was not a single car in the yard. Portsmouth usually is getting serviced just twice a week most weeks these days. If you have a scanner, once the PH-1 job arrives Portsmouth from Rockingham, they usually operate on the yard channel, 161.400.

Dick