• Poll-Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Marte

This is just a suggestion for Amtrak riders.......

The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission www.dvrpc.org, which services Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, is conducting a poll this month on their website.

The poll asks where dollars should be spent to enhance the economy of The Delaware Valley. I am hoping that all of you Amtrak riders will visit that site and vote for restoration of track and PUBLIC TRANSIT. Right now, the poll indicates that money should be better spent in other areas, such as converting brownfield areas into distribution centers.

Even if you don't live in the East, if you ride the rails, surely you must realize that trains connect, and that money spent on Public Transit benefits all of us.

PLEASE VOTE!

by Irish Chieftain

Does the DVRPC fund Amtrak directly?
  by Marte

The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission is where all rail projects are born in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware region. This is the first stop on the tour to building infrastructure, improving facilities, new projects, etc.

It is the place where Municipal, State and Federal money is divided into what is considered to be the most worthwhile projects.

The DVRPC, itself, does not fund projects; but, as an example, it might consider using available money to build a highway project instead of improving the Trenton Train Station in New Jersey....(Amtrak stops at Trenton, where it also connects to SEPTA and New Jersey Transit lines).

I guess the best word to describe the DVRPC is "judgment."

by mannynews

I added my 2 cents and voted for rail, which according to the poll results at this moment, rail seems to be the far and away leader...

BTW....maybe it's just me, but the Trenton rail station does not seem all that bad to me right now, I can think of more than a few places in need of financing other than a renovated Trenton Rail Station

by Irish Chieftain

This is what Marte wrote:The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission is where all rail projects are born in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware region. This is the first stop on the tour to building infrastructure, improving facilities, new projects, etc
See this post in the SEPTA forum for clarification of that matter.

And IIRC, NJT is the owner of Trenton Station, not Amtrak.