• Plow Train - 01-23-2009

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by thomas81z

well tonite i was coming home and glanced over at the rockingham signal at mp 256 when i was going over the 108 bridge in newfields and the siding was lit for flashing caution :-D and sure enough see a bright ligh comeing down the line westbound :-D
as i swung into the the road next to rockingham jt , there it was engine 332 sanwiched between 2 old plows :-D :-D it cleared the siding and pulled down on to the portsmouth branch and they tied it down, so tommorow morning my son and i will get some pics :P
  by l008com

So having kids is a good excuse for chasing trains?:-D
  by Finch

l008com wrote:So having kids is a good excuse for chasing trains?:-D
I suppose it's a great way to bond with your children!

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I might have run down to Rockingham to check it out. I'd have to borrow a friend's car though. I guess I missed them whenever they came through Durham.
  by NV290

thomas81z wrote:well tonite i was coming home and glanced over at the rockingham signal at mp 256 when i was going over the 108 bridge in newfields and the siding was lit for flashing caution
Just for information, that signal you saw was Medium Approach.
  by thomas81z

as of monday nite the plow train is still on the portsmouth lead :-)
  by Dick H

Report on another list that the two plows and the loco 332 were still parked at Rockingham as of this morning (Tuesday). However, the 332, which was reported as running yesterday, was not running today. If it either was shut down intentionally or shut itself down, better hope that it got drained. Early AM temperature in the area was close to zero.

Dick