• Pipe Train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by hh660

Hello. I noticed a photo of a pipe train on nerail. It was described as ' heading east'... Does anybody know where it was headed?
S

by wolfmom69

My "guess" is that the train was heading to drop the pipe cars of at "Keag" for the NBS etc. to take into Canada. Maritimes and Northeast is extending a gas pipeline from around St. Stephen NB to the St. John NB area. Went on the Maritimes & NE website and construction is due to resume anytime now.

Bud

by emd_16645

The train went to Saint John.

by hh660

Thanks. Any idea as to the actual route?

s

by emd_16645

hh660 wrote:Thanks. Any idea as to the actual route?

s
I don't know where it came from, or where it got onto the Guilford main. It was routed through Rigby and up the Guilford main to Matawamkeag. From there, it ran east over the New Brunswick Southern (ex CP line) to Saint John.

by newpylong

Train came from Rotterdam Junction.

by NV290

Yet another pipe train came through Ayer today on it's way east to Maine.

by Finch

I saw one of these trains coming up through Durham yesterday evening around 5:00.
  by toolmaker

Highball wrote::-) Here are links for two photos I took of the first Pipe Train, on New Brunswick Southern. I heard there will be several trains of pipe delivered to St. John, New Brunswick.

The info I've read is the pipe train consist orginated from Panama City, Florida.

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... ey=Brianba

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... ey=Brianba
Thank you for the links to the photo's. Does it strange to watch a load like that roll by? The loads appear to be on TOFC cars.

by Finch

Another ~54 cars worth of pipes just came east through Durham, if anyone's interested.

by consist

Guilford ran tons of pipe cars for another pipeline project back in '98 or '99, I saw them regularly for many months at various points along the system.

by NV290

Yet another pipe train going through Gardner last night around 9:30pm

by atholrail

RJMA working thru D3 now w/ 55 pipe loads.
  by Deckhand

For those who care, a pipe train came thru Rockingham Jct this morning at 9:40 AM headed east.