• Photos: In the yard with Guilford

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by jonnhrr

Nice pix matt, especially my favorite loco, the 621!

by truman

Very nice, clear images. What do you have for a camera?

by NHN503

They are composed nicely, but are over exposed, and not very clear. The subject matter is pretty good though. I liked the one by the tower were you could see the broom on the ballast regulator. Something you rarely see in photos of them.

Looks as if the CMOS or lens is dirty or the resolution is turned down as there appears to be some grain.

by MEC407

Ian MacMillan wrote:Looks as if the CMOS or lens is dirty or the resolution is turned down as there appears to be some grain.
To my eyes, they look like scans from film prints.

by b&m 1566

MEC407 wrote:
Ian MacMillan wrote:Looks as if the CMOS or lens is dirty or the resolution is turned down as there appears to be some grain.
To my eyes, they look like scans from film prints.
I was thinking they were scanned picture too. The tracks on the far right of this picture http://kribs.rrpicturearchives.net/show ... ?id=970914 were removed a little while back not sure when though (was it before the digital camera era???).

by paulrail

Wow,...they really do look like scanned film prints!