• Petition to keep AEM7s in original colors

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by astrosa

Ah, but maybe there would be extra costs involved in making limited-run batches of the lettering decals and paint colors for Phase III, plus re-training their paint shop crews to follow the older specifications. In any case, Amtrak management doesn't care that much about what scheme their equipment is painted in - they probably wouldn't have a clue what you're talking about it if you mentioned "Phase III" to them, as it's a railfan designation - and if anything, they'd prefer that everything was standardized according to their current corporate image. The only reason everything's not in the new scheme already is like you said, because that equipment hasn't been in for major shopping, which is really the only sensible time to do it.

Don't get me wrong, Phase III has always been my favorite, but I say get over it. The first Phase IV equipment started appearing around 1994, so it's a little late to be complaining about the transition. All railroads change paint schemes at some point but you don't see people petitioning them to leave equipment in the old colors...

by AEM7AC920

While I still highly doubt that Amtrak will keep it in original paint has something like this ever been pulled off between a railroad and the people? Now that I look at the Phase V it does same that it would be cheaper to paint a loco in the paint it just has two base colors and the logos. I think Phase V doesn't look that bad on the AEM-7's it's just when they get dirty it starts to look ugly.

by ClubCar

Worrying about paint is absolutely meaningless.

Worrying about where you are getting the cars to run on the train is not.

Lets get our prioritites straight shall we?

And on that note, I think its time to kill this thread!