• Ped struck at Bayport, Montauk line down

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Legio X

Let's remember the LIRR engineer who this person selfishly decided to include in her death wish, much like the persons who decide to "commit suicide by cop". It's too bad that this person felt that this was the only answer to her problems, but now we, railroaders and railfans, have to think of our own, the LIRR engineer who was at the helm of this train.

by Paul

As the father of a bipolar girl (who tried to commit suicide three times) and a railroad worker who had been on 16 fatalities, my heart goes out to the train crew of course and to the family and friends of this tragic young lady, and of course to the tragic young lady her self. Even those of us who have been though this on a personal level, whether railroad worker, railroad family, or family or friend of the deceased cannot comprehend the magnitude of such an event. I would not be surprised if it affected a generation yet born. We must as human beings, attempt to remain compassionate towards everyone involved from train crew, train passengers, EMS people, mechanical department people (trust me, even they are involved too), parents, aunts, uncles, cousins of the young victim (and she is a victim of herself) and countless others who are touched by this. It is amazing how one action by one person can affect so many.