• pctures of NYC hudsons and blueprints

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Christian Huether

Hi, I´m Christian from Germany,
can anyone show me via e-mail of NYC hudsons 5417 and 5437? Also I search blueprints of there Scullin disc driver(also use on engines for the 20th Century Limited these are only with some holes but whére located?)
Thanks forwart!

by NYC_Dave

There is a picture of 5417 on George Elwood's Fallen Flags web site - http://gelwood.railfan.net/nyc/nyc-steam.html
There are lots of other Hudsons pictured too. Perhaps you could scale the dimensions from a good side-view photograph.

by scrag104

The Fallen Flags website also has PDF images of NYC classification and dimensions books. The Hudson's are located in part 6 of the listings that are available. Here is the link to the website:

Fallen Flags NYC locomotive index

Hope this helps you.

by kinlock

There's a National Railway Historical Society Bulletin (2Q 1958) on eBay that has a feature on Hudsons and includes a separate sheet on "General Major Specifications, Hudson (4-6-4) Type Locomotives, North American Continent"