• Passenger and freight cars in storage on FGLK in Geneva?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SRS125

This morning 12/15/04 saw 3 odd passenger cars in Geneva. The first 2 were maroon with a black roof I could not read the name on both cars all that I was able to read the word (Niagra) on both cars Anyone know if these 2 private cars are being stored or if the FGLK bought them??. The 3rd Car was a Full 60' double door stainless steel baggage car lettered as FGLK 1001? where did this car come from? what do they plan to do with it? There was also a long string of gondolas with no reporting marks in real bad shape where did these cars come from and who are these cars going to??

by nessman

The coaches are from the now defunct Niagara & Western NY excursion train that ran on the Falls Road for only one season. The cars were leased and they're being stored in Geneva until they find a new home.

by med-train

These coaches belong to MRG, Inc. (a.k.a. DownEast Rail) in Maine. They are expected to be used for excursions on the FGLK next season.

by SRS125

ahh wondered what was going on there hopefully someone is keeping there eyes on then Coaches. I'm suprised that they were not taken to the depot for storage just in case of any vandles.