• PAR Intermodal service an extension to UP's Blue Streak svc

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by johnpbarlow

UP has a route map of their Blue Streak intermodal product offering showing service to the "Northeast." In the fine print, it defines "Northeast" destinations as Albany, NY; Ayer, PA (!); Buffalo, NY; ERail, NJ; Harrisburg, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; and Taylor, PA.

Who would have thought that MOAY/AYMO would be a key segment of brand name expedited intermodal service? And I knew Killington was trying to secede from Vermont but I didn't know Ayer had changed Commonwealths!

http://www.uprr.com/customers/intermoda ... reak.shtml

by CN9634

Ayer, PA not Ayer, MA

by mick

I don't think there is an Ayer, PA. They must mean Ayer, MA.
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

by MEC407

I tried searching for "Ayer, PA" using Google Maps, but it didn't find anything, and suggested that I try "Ayer, MA" instead.