• Pan Am slurry train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by guilford88panam

Well, Maine products (paper mostly) already go from Maine to other places, so that isn't going to change. And the empties still have to come back to Maine, so that won't change either.

The Patriot Corridor is nothing more than an operating agreement between Pan Am and NS for the west end of Pan Am, so I don't think it's going to take anything away from Maine. If anything, it may free up resources for Pan Am so that they won't neglect Maine as much.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. :wink:
Lol, good thanks for clearing that up i was getting a little worried i wouldnt see any action at rigby anymore...whats the symbol for the slurry train into and out of maine like oyma? or something
  by Dick H

The loaded slurry train runs from North Bennington VT to Waterville ME and has a symbol of NBWA, The Vermont Railway actually brings it from North Bennington to Hoosick Jct. NY, where Pan Am puts its own power on the train and takes it east. It only runs once a week, leaving North Bennington usually on Fridays. The empties go back in regular freights.

Dick
  by guilford88panam

Dick H wrote:The loaded slurry train runs from North Bennington VT to Waterville ME and has a symbol of NBWA, The Vermont Railway actually brings it from North Bennington to Hoosick Jct. NY, where Pan Am puts its own power on the train and takes it east. It only runs once a week, leaving North Bennington usually on Fridays. The empties go back in regular freights.

Dick
O i see thanks! So monday...thats in around 3 days now
  by guilford88panam

the slurry is used in paper mills and stuff like that im assuming?
  by truman

If memory serves, its a type of clay used as a coating on the finished product.
  by cpf354

Paper mills in Rumford and Hinckley are the destinations for the slurry.