• Pan Am On Time Performance

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by GTIKING

Amtrak is raising eyebrows by publicly grading their host railroads.
Pan Am Railways is listed in the failure category with the Downeaster @ 78% on time trains.
  by Trinnau

To be fair, Downeaster service includes MBTA (Keolis) as a host as well.

Additionally, Pan Am accounts for portions of the New Haven-Greenfield and Vermonter services, which operate over the Conn River on Pan Am and both passed at 89% and 85%, respectively.

The only way to know what Pan Am's portion of the performance would be is if they published the segmented OTP, and adequately traced cascading delays back to their source.
  by MEC407

I believe NNEPRA compiles and publishes that data every year. With a handful of exceptions, Downeaster OTP on PAR is usually higher than Downeaster OTP on MBTA.
  by arthur d.

I'm surprised the OTP is that high. I ride maybe once a year anymore, and every time there's a broken rail, or a dead freight train, or a suicide by train... or maybe the powers that be just see my name on the manifest and plan an interruption? :wink:
  by MEC407

That also happens to me whenever I ride the Downeaster, but the delays I encounter always happen while we're on MBTA rails... usually signal problems, frozen switches, or long stretches of slow orders.
  by arthur d.

I rarely go east either but the few times I have we've had to hold at Wells for a limping PAR freight or they're sponging up somebody in Biddeford. Going west, until Atkinson it's dead trains or track, once in T territory, its signals.