• Pan Am GE DASH 8 Locomotives

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

MEC 7552 and MEC 7605 were both idling at Rigby Yard this afternoon around 16:05.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Backshophoss

Unless the NS power on the Circus Train move runs thru,hopefully 2 of the ex-CSX units will be at Mechanicville for
the last PAR/PAS move to Worcester.(around the end of April'17)
  by octr202

MEC407 wrote:MEC 7552 and MEC 7605 were both idling at Rigby Yard this afternoon around 16:05.
Get the right blue and gold paint, and it'd be quite easy to fully re-letter the Dark Future units in Pan Am lettering without a full repaint. Not that that's likely...
  by hh660

1.20.2017, 1:15 pm, Pan Am 7605 and 7552 waiting to return to Rigby after turning on the wye at the end of the veterans' bridge.
S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by CPF363

Backshophoss wrote:Unless the NS power on the Circus Train move runs thru,hopefully 2 of the ex-CSX units will be at Mechanicville for
the last PAR/PAS move to Worcester.(around the end of April'17)
Is PAR re-routing traffic interchanged with CSX in Worcester this coming April?
  by MEC407

Video by Skyman2002 of three MEC Dash 8s leading ED-9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5l4hKkhwlo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, a question: how many are currently on the property and in service?
  by EDFLD Bill

MEC407 wrote:Video by Skyman2002 of three MEC Dash 8s leading ED-9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5l4hKkhwlo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, a question: how many are currently on the property and in service?
Answer: MEC has purchased 20 Dash 8-40C's from GE Transportation. All 20 are on the property, and 19 of them are in service so far....
  by arthur d.

3 of them on AYPO today with I think, a 600 in trail. I was in a position unsuitable for scribbling road numbers.
  by MEC407

EDFLD Bill wrote:Answer: MEC has purchased 20 Dash 8-40C's from GE Transportation. All 20 are on the property, and 19 of them are in service so far....
Thanks. I knew they acquired 20, but everyone has been so quiet about them for the past month that I had no idea all 20 are now on the property. I appreciate the information.
  by BandA

How does PAR decide which reporting mark to apply to their "new" locomotives?
Love the effort put into repainting, lol
  by gokeefe

BandA wrote:How does PAR decide which reporting mark to apply to their "new" locomotives?
The answer to that question has always been something of a mystery. The "conventional wisdom" is that the reporting mark decision is a matter of managing tax implications for the corporations.
  by KSmitty

Since 95 though every unit purchased ha's been lettered for Maine Central. So there actually isn't much deciding. It was long ago discovered that Maine Central had the most lucrative tax schematic and so everything has followed suit.

Now whether they can "formally accept" the units in NH and not pay sales tax, or if Maine just has a lower corporate tax rate than Mass, only their accountants know.