• Palmerton PA station

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by Lehighrrgreg

I am searching for a station sign for the Palmerton PA CNJ station. Also seeking photos of the Chestnut Ridge Mack Railbus.
email me at [email protected]

by carajul

I know around 10 years ago the Palmerton station was bought by a doctor and his wife who were restoring it. I thought I saw an original sign hangning on the building. I wanted to poke around, but they had 2 pitbulls running around the area and I didn't want to get attacked. Several station lead tracks were still there terminated at the station, altough burried in mud.

Rather sad to see all that's left of Palmerton is a 1 track Lehigh Line. The closing of NJZinc killed the rr in the area. At the Palmerton station there was WX tower which controled the 5 track line and yard as well as the tracks over to the zinc plant in downtown Palmerton.