Railroad Forums 

• Paint Quality of MDC/Roundhouse kits

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#6751  by Xplorer2000

I've recently been adding a number of MDC/Roundhouse Boxcar kits to my collection, and I've noticed after I got them back home that some of the more recent offerings, in the brighter colored boxes, have had someREALLY shoddy paintwork on them , to the point where some of the end corrugations on cars have a lot of bare plastic spots showing through. One even looked like it might have been done with a spray can. I've e-mailed Roundhouse about it already,for all the good it'll do, but has anyone else noticed any problems with their stuff lately?? Its too bad, 'cause they're nice little kits.