• Orange Line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Porter Sq

Does anybody ride the Orange Line Frequintly? Does anybody seem to wait long for trains?Or do you find freqency pretty quick. I ride Mon-Fri to go to school. I find I really never have to wait long for the train to go to Community College from North Station and vice verus going back. Usually in the morning you have to sit at North Station for five minuites to wait for a train to clear going north. I usually miss one right when I get to the turnstlyes and the next pulls in right behind it. I ride to go get lunch and I depend to get me there on time and it does. I was just wondering what other people thought.

by efin98

I almost always have to wait less than four minutes for a train off peak, but I have had waits of up to 15 minutes during the day due to trains having trouble. The four minute waits allow me to walk to the southern end of the platform to A. get a seat easier and B. allows easier egress from the station since Community College's only exit is at that end. If you are on the Causway Street end of the platform it's probably going to be crowded and you have to walk back along the platform at the next stop anyway so make the best of that missed train and help yourself for the next one :wink:

by Porter Sq

Delays on the OL today at 12:45 switching problems after Wellington.I had to wait at Community College for 25 mins for a train to finally come.They made quite a few annocuments while I was waiting on the platform. Finally after 20 mins they said they were running shuttle buses between Wellington and Oak Grove.

by NealG

I just waited for over forty minutes for a southbound train, no announcements were made for thirty-five minutes and when it was made, it indicated that only three trains were in service for the whole line. If they manage to keep this crap up, its going to be a long few months.

by efin98

You try wrangling buses for shuttles to supplant service on short notice...It ain't easy and it takes a while to get done.