• Orange Express?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by bradleyo

Hey everyone, I'm new to this discussion board.

I'm kinda new to all this as well. Well anyways, I'm staying with my friend in Syracuse. His apartment faces the line the NYS&W used (not sure if it's owned by them too). Anyway, today I spotted a train using bi-level coaches with red (or maybe orange) stripes. It was too rainy out to go and get some pics. I was wondering are these being used for the orange express? Where did they come from?

Thanks!

Brad

by ANDY117

Really? I need to get up to Syracuse... Anyways, the cars are most likely the ex. Chicago RTA cars that have been up there for quite some time. I wasn't aware they were in use yet though...

by bradleyo

Hey!

I got some shots of them finally today. The quality kinda sucks, but you get the idea. I posted them on my MSN webspace if you want to see. Go to Photos then click 'Orange Express'.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/fryboi/

by MickD

Does this mean RDC's are being retired?

by ANDY117

Doubt it. I''d kinda like to see them pushing/pulling these bilevels!

by MickD

:-D :-D That would be unique.