• Old Railroad in Exton PA

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by davemattfan5

In exton there is a straight line crossing route 30 just east of the Exton mall that looks as if it is an old railroad grade. It looks as if it runs from the rock quarry in downingtown, across route 100, across 30, and then it runs northeast and north of the chester valley golf club. According to google maps, there may be track on a portion of the grade east of valley creek blvd.

I'm not sure if this is the chester valley branch or not. I cannot find much info. The grade that crosses rt. 30 has power lines on it though and it's just east of the exton mall.

by RichM

Yep, Chester Valley branch, you can see the right of way all the way to the post office on West Valley Road just before the 202 /422 intersection. Some of the ROW has been used for sound walls along 202.

The final shut-down of the Worthington Steel rolling mill in Frazier was the "end of the line" as it was its last customer, I believe. The mill received service from the west. The rails east of there were pulled up gradually over the past twenty years.