• old or removed sidings and customers

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by Spartan Phalanx

Those Conrail boxcars in New Hyde Park have been there since the mid-Eighties, at least. I heard they were surplus and bought to be used for storage. I don't know if the spur they are spotted on is still connected.

by jayrmli

The spur the boxcars are on is Chesler Plywood. The three boxcars are ex-Conrail and are privately owned for storage.

Nestle was lost as a freight customer in the mid 1990's when their siding was embargoed for the Herricks Road crossing project. By the time the switch was restored, they went to trucks.

Jay
  by SwingMan

I have seen those boxcars many times, may have seen that siding in a book....... I think it was Diesels of the Sunrise Trail. lirr415