• Ohio Central out of Columbus

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by ItaliDe

Not sure if there is a better section for this post. I couldn't find a "Great lakes/North east " section, but is anyone familiar with the Ohio Central Railroad?
I'd like to film and photo some of their trains heading east out of Columbus Ohio but I never know when they are running and how often? anyone with knowledge of the opperations please advise..( i'm not one for waiting trackside for 8 hours to see nothing..I have severe A.D.D,,lol) They have some really cool power and a nice grade heading east out of Columbus ohio... I did catch 1 loaded coal train one day when I was out that way... It was awesome.. Power was a B40-8, GP38, SD45 and a NS dash 9.. The first 3 units rocked coming up the grade on run 8 at about 15 MPH... Not sure what the grade % is but it brings eastbounds to a crawl... Thanks!
  by Otto Vondrak

FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Centr ... oad_System
On August 5, 2008, Genesee and Wyoming Inc announced an agreement to purchase the Ohio Central System for $219 million.[4] Approval was granted by the Surface Transportation Board on December 30, 2008.[