• Ocean County Railroad Exploration Get-together?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NJ Vike

Can someone let me know where it is? I would love to see it and also take some shots. Any other items worth seeing?

Thanks

Ken

by nick11a

NJ Vike wrote:Can someone let me know where it is? I would love to see it and also take some shots. Any other items worth seeing?

Thanks

Ken
I would Ken, but I'm not exactly familar with the area. It was definitely in Whiting off of a road with a curve. I know, that could be anything, but that's all I got. Maybe someone else in here knows what and where I'm talking about.

by NJ Vike

Nick,

Thanks. There must be someon in town that knows. I'm down here this morning. Hopefully, there will be a live train on Union Blvd. Lakehurst.

Ken

by David

Ken--If you go south on the rails past the town, as you come to the old station foundation, go over to your right about one tenth of a mile on the old PRR ROW. On your right, at that point, you will see the diamond in the tall grass.

by NJ Vike

David wrote:Ken--If you go south on the rails past the town, as you come to the old station foundation, go over to your right about one tenth of a mile on the old PRR ROW. On your right, at that point, you will see the diamond in the tall grass.
David,

Is this right behind the Stop & Shop in town? I don't know where the old station is but I was told that the power lines are the PRR ROW. Am I close?

Ken