• O/T GARFIELD (the movie, not the BCL station)

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by nick11a

Sorry, just had to say it. Anyway, my friends dragged me to Garfield yesterday (not one of my prouder moments) and I actually ejoyed it. Besides having Jennifer Love Hewitt in it, it had torwards the end- trains. Specifically, the location was "The City" at the "City Train Station." Garfield goes into the dispatcher's office and almost makes several Amtrak trains collide (diesels with superliners.) But what really caugt my eye was the footage on one of the controller's screens of what was either an Arrow III MU or a Silverliner IV. It seemed to be stock footage of a train pulling into a high-level platform. Needless to say, I got all excited about that. Just thought I'd pass it on. Plus on a side note as mentioned, you also see quite a few Amtrak trains in that scene (which lasts about a minute or so.)

by jdelgrosso

YEAH!!!!! GARFIELD!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna see that movie. Was it an Amtrak arrow or silverliner?

Garfield is the best. He's my homie.
Last edited by jdelgrosso on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

by njt4172

Nick,

Nice!!! Didn't know the movie "Garfield" had railroad footage or LOCAL railroad footage for that matter....

Was it a funny movie??

Steve

by nick11a

I liked it personally (especially when Garfield was wreacking havoc on Amtrak!) It was pretty funny. A little silly at times but it is a kids movie. I did enjoy it overall though. I do think it is worth your time IMO. It had a whole bunch of P32 diesels and silverliners. Also saw some F40s as well as the before mentioned shot of the A3/S4.

And the whole scene could never really happen in the real world and is both funny, implausible, ridiculous and great fun. Don't want to spoil exactly how though.

by 7 Train

I thought this topic was about Garfield on the Bergen line.

by BigDell

>>I thought this topic was about Garfield on the Bergen line.

Me too! LOL!

Well, young Nick has just given us a good reason to catch a movie we might have otherwise skipped. To see Garfield wreak havoc on Amtrak? Okay, I'll bite! I'll indulge myself!!
BigDell

by nick11a

BigDell wrote:>>I thought this topic was about Garfield on the Bergen line.

Me too! LOL!

Well, young Nick has just given us a good reason to catch a movie we might have otherwise skipped. To see Garfield wreak havoc on Amtrak? Okay, I'll bite! I'll indulge myself!!
BigDell
Sorry guys. Didn't even occur to me about Garfield Station. Haha. That's funny.

by 7 Train

NOW getting back on topic, on the real Garfield (on the Bergen line), what about the proposed Belmont Avenue station?

by nick11a

7 Train wrote:NOW getting back on topic, on the real Garfield (on the Bergen line), what about the proposed Belmont Avenue station?
Actually, the real "on topic thing" is on the trains in Garfield the movie. Talking about Garfield the station is actually off topic in this thread. LOL. But go right ahead if you want to pursue the topic of Garfield the Station. No problem with me.