• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by scottychaos

Here is the builders photo of the class unit number 9000.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1358079

This is a sister unit of the new NYSW units, first of the EMDX 9000-series, serial 867150-1.
the new NYSW units are 6 units of this series, of which there were originally 100 units.
Serial numbers 867150-1 through 867150-100
EMDX 9000 through 9099

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoLi ... MDX&Page=4

Scot
  by Steve F45

King, you are the best as usual. Will all be painted in the Black and Yellow or did management like the idea of a "heritage" paint schem?
  by waldwickrailfan

Excellent News King! Do you know when they will be on NYSW property or when they will be on the SU-99 or 100?
  by fredrick

Steve F45 wrote:Its obviously not complete. I still need to paint the truck sideframes black. Add decals and lights.
i like the picture.when complete it would look cool.
  by fredrick

fredrick wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:Its obviously not complete. I still need to paint the truck sideframes black. Add decals and lights.
i like the picture.when complete it would look cool.
i just want know if you complete yet?
  by Steve F45

Not yet. Im off this weekend and hope to bang out alot of my models. I glossed the truck sideframes after painting them. so the frame and such are done. I just gotta do the numberboards still, and misc. warning labels and then dullcoat it and it will be done. Then i'll find a decoder so I can run it.
  by fredrick

Steve F45 wrote:Not yet. Im off this weekend and hope to bang out alot of my models. I glossed the truck sideframes after painting them. so the frame and such are done. I just gotta do the numberboards still, and misc. warning labels and then dullcoat it and it will be done. Then i'll find a decoder so I can run it.
when you are done with train model please post picture of it?
  by Steve F45

I will. Im adding the relective striping now.
  by sportsguy

Well it is March now and spring is fast approaching. Does anyone have any updates on this topic?
  by waldwickrailfan

sportsguy wrote:Well it is March now and spring is fast approaching. Does anyone have any updates on this topic?
I heard a rumor, not 100% sure if t's true but I heard that the first SD60 will be on property around Easter. Maybe King can confirm or deny this?
  by sportsguy

Well does anyone know what shops these units are being rebuilt in? I want to see if any of the shops currently have any SD60s in them. And another thing, will they change the horns on these units?
  by Steve F45

i think it was like 4 pages back king mentioned something in paducah, kentucky

Found it, VMV-Paducahbilt is the shop. I searched the photo sites and found nothing with currently SD60's in KY.
  by scottychaos

Hey everyone, "Kingfish" emailed me some photos, and asked me to upload and share them here on the forum:
kingfish wrote:Scot,
Can you put the photos onto the NYSW railroad.net web site?
I will be back there the week of March 11 and send you some updated photos.

Photos taken March 1, 2012,
at "VMV Paducahbilt" shops, Paducah, KY
Thank for the pics King!
Scot
  by DutchRailnut

sportsguy wrote:Well does anyone know what shops these units are being rebuilt in? I want to see if any of the shops currently have any SD60s in them. And another thing, will they change the horns on these units?
Hmm a new horn is over $2500 vs rebuilding the existing horn is about $200, so I let you guess
  by ns3010

Awesome! Thanks, King for the photos, and thanks Scot for uploading and sharing on behalf of kingfish!

It looks like front to back it's 9067, 9082, 9016, 9094, and two other units. The original list posted by kingfish didn't list 9082. I guess something changed in the past month or so?

Anyways, it's great to have some visual evidence (not that King's word isn't good and reliable, but it's always nice to see something!) of what's going on! Exciting!