• NYNJ track work - Bush Terminal Yard

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by FarRock41

Hello. I went over to see the NYNJ site, today. It looks like they're doing track work in the yard today. They has a Plasser track machine working there. It looks it was working on the ties. A company called railroad construction was doing the work. The PA is going to upgrade the trackwork, thats a good sign!

Ron
  by Otto Vondrak

FarRock41 wrote:Hello. I went over to see the NYNJ site, today. It looks like they're doing track work in the yard today.
I take it that this is in Greenville Yard in New Jersey?
  by Nova55

There redoing Bush. They did Greenville 2yrs ago.
  by freightguy

Supposedly they're replacing track 10. That will be the new runaround. I guess they are making some other repairs to the yard also. I spoke to someone who works there and said they should be floating out of 65st also. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the last one.
  by Otto Vondrak

Nova55 wrote:There redoing Bush. They did Greenville 2yrs ago.
Thanks!

-otto-
  by railfan365

freightguy wrote:Supposedly they're replacing track 10. That will be the new runaround. I guess they are making some other repairs to the yard also. I spoke to someone who works there and said they should be floating out of 65st also. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the last one.
It's interesting to hear that new runaround provision is being worked on. What I'd like to know is whether there's provision in the yard for engine turnaround. Thanks.
  by Nova55

One of the other yard tracks. What they used to do was pull a float on 17 track and load one off of 4/5. Most of these still have #4 switches though. Im sure freightguy can explain better...This is just how I was told.