• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by freightguy

That could be the costumer from the central branch near Lindenhurst. Served during daylight hours and receives stone, C&D, and construction materials also.
  by railfan365

freightguy wrote:That could be the costumer from the central branch near Lindenhurst. Served during daylight hours and receives stone, C&D, and construction materials also.
Why would a costume manufacturer require significant shipments of C & D materials?
  by AlKaLI

railfan365 wrote:
freightguy wrote:That could be the costumer from the central branch near Lindenhurst. Served during daylight hours and receives stone, C&D, and construction materials also.
Why would a costume manufacturer require significant shipments of C & D materials?
@freightguy - Could be. I was thinking Coastal because the C&D gons had CDEX and FWTX reporting marks and orange netting covering the loads. I have seen those at Coastal.

@railfan365 - Look back at freightguy's posts. I think he means to spell customer but I like costumer just as well. :-)
  by freightguy

Lol, between auto correct and being removed from school my grammar gets a bit worse each year. Somehow One World Recycling and Coastal are connected with same car pool.

Someone recently sent me pictures of CDEX cars derailed on the NYSW. Those cars seem to get around and derail a lot also!
  by DogBert

Wasn't it some CDEXs that wiped out up on the hudson line a few weeks back?

They should all be cycled through gershow... :-D :-D :-D
  by Train2009

At 9:27 AM this morning RS40 went by Queens Village in push pull mode with GP38-2 #261 leading and MP15AC #156 trailing.
  by DogBert

Stumbled across a job in Bushwick Saturday around 3 or 4pm - dropping off empties for WM, pulling and dropping cars (I believe) at manhattan beer (either them or western beef, but I think western beef just gets refers?). Power was 3 MPs and a GP38-2.
  by Teutobergerwald

Four locomotives on a Bushwick train ????
  by Backshophoss

If there were 2 engines on each end of the train,can switch all sidings without running around the cars. :wink:
  by DogBert

They were all together.

I haven't seen 4 down there before. I'm guessing maybe they were heading out to the island before or after the bushwick run.

Anyone know how often they go down the bush? I know there's the night job that pulls trash loads and goes down to the end of the line past morgan ave... it the daytime run more common?

Forgot to mention there were a few aggregate cars in the yard WM uses - haven't seen those there before. I'm sure they were eventually heading to Kings at the end of the line, which seemed jam packed full of cars already.
  by AlKaLI

Farmingdale 7-14-15 7:30PM NY&A 261 and 156 already blocking the crossing at New Highway. Backed into Posillico to pick up 19 empty GACX and TLTX cars and then pulled east on the siding to Coastal. Picked up two strings of C & D loads from the yard. Couldn't get an accurate count but easily 10-12 loads. Assembled the train on the siding and then the power ran east to Pinelawn, ran around the train and coupled back on, ready to head west. The LIRR decided to run a bunch of EB and WB revenue and non-revenue trains so the freight had to hold. Still had not pulled out by about 9:00 PM.

So Coastal and Posillico produce ~30 cars. Coastal sends out about 10+ loads 5-6 days a week. With it being paving season, Posillico is busy as well but I don't think they get loads every day. AlKaLI
  by Train2009

At 12:39 PM this afternoon RS41 with MP15 #159 was leading and #155 trailing was seen in New Hyde Park pulling 9 loaded cars from One World Recycling.
  by Train2009

At 9:30 AM this morning #159 and #155 both MP15ACs went by Bellerose headed eastbound with cars for One World Recycling and Kleet.
  by Teutobergerwald

There was an NYA train in the siding at Northport yesterday, around 1:40 with a mixed consist and at least one MP-15ac visible from the crossing.
  by Train2009

Teutobergerwald wrote:There was an NYA train in the siding at Northport yesterday, around 1:40 with a mixed consist and at least one MP-15ac visible from the crossing.
#159 and #156 went up there yesterday, I saw the train rolling by Queens Village at 10:46 AM and had to wait for the 10:22 AM New York - Penn Station to Huntington and the 10:52 AM Jamaica to Oyster Bay eastbound trains. It left Queens Village after 11 AM, this train also had tankers cars.