• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by AlKaLI

^^
Caught this train earlier in the mornng at Coastal picking up C & D loads at around 9:05 AM. Couldn't see the whole train but picked up at least 12+ loads (long string of high side gons) and at least 3 TTX boxcars and 1 NS box on the end. The return train must have spotted empties for Coastal. See Pinelaw Trash Transfer thread.
  by Train2009

The same power which I saw #261 and #270 last Sunday was on RS30/31 today and was seen twice in Queens Village, the westbound went by at 10:08 AM this morning with 38 cars and the eastbound at 1:54 PM with 27 cars.
  by Train2009

At 12:44 PM GP38 #271 and #268 was headed down to Fresh Pound as seen in Bellerose with 2 tankers, Box and 2 Lumber Cars.
  by AlKaLI

At Coastal Distribution this morning at 9:10 AM. NYA 159/155 and 270 on the end had already picked up 10 loads of C&D. After the LIRR EB M-7 train, went west with 2 empty CB flats, the 10 Gons, 5 CSXT box, 1BNSF box
  by Train2009

Yesterday afternoon Friday 7/26/2014 at 3:25 PM RS41 was seen in Bellerose with a GP38 and MP15AC pulling 43 cars to Fresh Pound in Queens
  by AlKaLI

Farmingdale, NY 7:55PM CEFX 402 & NYA 268 emptied the sidings of Posillico and Coastal. 16 empty GACX and TLTX cars and all the loaded C&D cars (12+ cars). Coastal was left with no empty cars and a big pile of debris in the shed. The Geeps looked to be heading further east. I had to go north and couldn't wait.
  by vin5581

There is a VERY LARGE TREE down across the tracks in Forrest Park today as 0f 8:30am. The tree is a monster and it is down adjacent to and on the Forrest park drive bridge . I am sure trains east and west will be held up till the beast is removed.
  by Crabman1130

vin5581 wrote:There is a VERY LARGE TREE down across the tracks in Forrest Park today as 0f 8:30am. The tree is a monster and it is down adjacent to and on the Forrest park drive bridge . I am sure trains east and west will be held up till the beast is removed.
I hope you notified the RR before you posted this.
  by DogBert

Crabman1130 wrote:
vin5581 wrote:There is a VERY LARGE TREE down across the tracks in Forrest Park today as 0f 8:30am. The tree is a monster and it is down adjacent to and on the Forrest park drive bridge . I am sure trains east and west will be held up till the beast is removed.
I hope you notified the RR before you posted this.
I was thinking the same. I'm assuming if it was also on the park drive that maybe just maybe someone from the city reported it to the RR. Then again the city doesn't seem to much give a shit about maintaining that park.
  by freightguy

A lot of those older oaks have fallen across the tracks in Forest Park. A retired LIRR employee told me once one of the bigger ones damaged the cab of an MP15ac once. There was always bad wheel slip on the freights there during the fall season.
  by AlKaLI

Farmingdale - The usual for a Sunday morning at about 9:10 AM 268 & 270 emptied Posillico & Coastal sidings. The usual 14 or so GACX and TLTX cars for the first and about 12 loaded C&D gons for the latter. Coastal was again left with not even one empty. Geeps pulled out the cars and ran around train to head west. I would guess a return train sometime this afternoon to restock Coastal with empties.
  by DogBert

CSX brought in an entire train of C&D empties today, so they should be restocked. Unloading or transit to/from the landfill must have been backed up for them to accumulate a whole 60-80 car train's worth of empties.
  by LINYARailfan

AIKaLI: Saw this same train in Hicksville as my train to KO was pulling in to Hicksville. On my way back, I saw the 2 Geeps at Pineaire along with 155 and the leaser unit. At Coastal, there were seven empties and there were no cars at Posillico this afternoon.
  by Teutobergerwald

Pine-Aire Yard was full tonight around 8:45 passing over N/B on the Sagtikos. Long cut of gondolas west of the overpass almost to the end of the siding, which I take has not yet been repaired at that end???