• NYAR in the Hall of Shame

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by jayrmli

This evening's Fox 5 News had a Shame...Shame...Shame piece tonight where a Brooklyn land owner in East New York has received repeated summonses over the past two years for conditions contributing to the spread of rats. Interestingly, his property may be one of the neatest lots in all of New York City.

The problem seemed to stem from the building and lot next to him, which was strewn with garbage and debris. Further investigation revealed that the land is owned by the LIRR and leased to the New York & Atlantic Railway. (For those not familiar with the area, this is the parcel of land where the old Evergreen Branch joined the Bay Ridge Branch near the tunnel.)

Both NYAR and LIRR stated they are looking into the problem. LIRR and the NYC Department of Sanitation were also inducted into the Hall of Shame.

Jay

by DogBert

Nice.

by the missing link

well, how long has the evergreen branch been gone? i couldn't figure out how it connected 'till someone showed me, and the curved warehouse the tracks went between looks pretty abandoned too. not to judge a specific neighbor'hood', but it doesn't make sense to illegally dump houshold garbage on your own property. if that still is their property.
whoever "investigated" this should have opened up the garbage, and found the mail,reciepts,etc and dumped it right back on it's owners front step. o.k., thats not nice. just fine them $500.00 + 50 hours community service- cleaning up more garbage!

by Fla East Coast Chris

Hi,
Befotre anyone says anything about RATS!!! Are any of the rats running around saying the famous line... Has anyone seen my daddy??

by jayrmli

I knew someone would go there. :-D

Jay